Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sign of the Times

One thing that strikes me in the Midwest is the open expanse of sky. In Colorado, we saw a lot of sky, but it was rimmed with the 14,000-foot Rockies that surrounded our 7,100-ft. valley. Here in this part of south-central Minnesota, there is a lot of sky to play with in photographs. I think this will be an on-going theme in some of my images. Took the camera out today on a shopping trip and found this sign on a rural road as the overcast sky began to clear. Though far from being original, this image illustrates the concept of everyday objects or people placed in the context of open sky as a graphic element. I used simple fill flash from the built-in flash to add some "pop" to the sign as I metered to keep the detail in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment