Monday, January 12, 2015

Joseph Kreiss Photography is back!!!
www.josephkreissphotography.com



Starting 2015 with something to keep a camera to my eye -- JKP Project 365/2015!
What is a JKP Project 365/2015? 

For me, it’s the simple act of taking a picture every day for a year. The idea isn't new or something I've come up with... The concept behind starting a Project 365 is to make photography an every day event, with hopes of improving the art.  It also has the added benefit of forcing a photographer to slow down and take a different look at the world around them.

It's not like I don't have enough going on in my life to keep me busy...I have almost too much. And. although I likely snap some kind of image with my camera everyday, this project hopes to keep me honest, pushing me to make a new image everyday and keeping that thought at the forefront of my mind. Rather than leaving the camera in my bag, or worse - at home, it goes around my neck and heads out the door with me, everyday, to capture a slice of that day however that ends up coming together. Back in my newspaper photojournalism days , I wouldn't go into a restaurant, or to the men's room without my camera. I kinda got away from that over the years not working for a daily paper. But, it's something I really want to get back in the habit of doing again.

For me, I'm hoping that this JKP Project 365/2015 will develop into a book ...maybe a 'Year In The Life Of Martin County', or something similar. A record of people, scenes, weather, events, and day-to-day life in South Central Minnesota. That, I'm looking forward to.

I will post the images daily on my Facebook page and do a weekly image wrap-up on my photo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment